If you own a small business and you are looking for best IT Support in Costa Mesa, you should know that the journey is not as smooth as one might think. You might face several challenges that you might never have foreseen. To help you out, we have mentioned top five challenges and their solutions for you right here.
The first challenge is to ensure that you find a service provider who can align itself to the shape, size and IT support needs of your business. You can meet this challenge by finding a service provider who doesn’t have to alter much to align its focus with yours. Do check his current client list to get total surety of the same.
- No Well-Defined Processes
As most of the startups and small companies lack well-defined processes, it can throw roadblocks in front of your chosen service provider of IT support in Costa Mesa. You can deal with this challenge by ensuring that your team’s roles & responsibilities and the roles & responsibilities of service providers are well-defined.
Many of the service providers prefer to work with giant firms only because they generate higher revenues with this association. So, it becomes a challenge to find a company offering IT services in Costa Mesa for SMB’s that values SMB clients as well. A solution to this problem is to look for a company that works only with SMBs most of the times because it’s commitment level would be very high as compared to a company that serves clients with high revenue generation better and gives you a low priority.
Some SMB’s just check the overall experience level of the service provider and then get a surprise when the provider of IT support in Costa Mesa fails to satisfy them. To avoid such a thing happening to you, you should seek a service provider that caters to SMB’s only and deftly understands the nuances of working with small businesses.
As you often need to provide confidential information access to the service provider, you might be making yourself vulnerable to data theft. To avoid such an incident, you should ensure that the IT security of the service provider is best in class. You should also have a look at their risk management and security procedures to ensure that what action will be taken if some confidential information is compromised.
Many SMB’s have reported that they hired a provider of IT support in Costa Mesa and after a few months the company closed shop and they were dumbfounded. So, when you hire a service provider (in fact when you associate with any company in general), you should get a background check done to ensure that the company has solid finances and is not planning to wind up its operations in the next few months. Taking this step might seem needless but it will ensure that you don’t have to look for another company a few months after you selected this one.
Like many other business owners, if you are confused about whether Outsourced IT Support in Costa Mesa is good for you then you will find the right answer here. We are analyzing why outsourcing is a better option than building in-house teams and why outsourcing to a company that is situated in a third world country is not a bright idea. Have a look at all the strong points we have accumulated here and make the decision wisely.
Why is Building In-House Teams Not a Good Option?
First of all, you need to understand that why you need to trust Outsourced IT Support in Costa Mesa rather than building an in-house team for the same functions. Well, the obvious reason is that IT support is not a core function is a business so you should not spend too much time, money and effort in building it up.
Some other reasons for not building an in-house team for IT support are:
- You will need to spend a lot of time, effort and money on locating talented employees and then luring them to work for you.
- Even if you have found excellent employees, you will need to train them constantly so that they understand the ever changing IT needs of your company.
- You will also need to pay compensation and many other benefits to the employees. You will also need to pay them consistently even if they are not working like when they take vacations, leaves or it’s a national holiday.
- It is essential to provide an in-house employee a physical workspace, which can be problematic as the rents are sky high these days.
- You will need to invest in equipment like phone, computer, copier, fax machines, internet access and pay the telecommunications costs such as inbound toll-free calls and phone line.
Now that we have analyzed why establishing an in-house team is not a good idea, let’s have a look at why Outsourced IT Support in Costa Mesa is an awesome option.
- The expertise level of the employees would be much higher. And you can have access to various brains instead of just one.
- You don’t need to pay any extra benefits to the IT experts who are not working in-house.
- The cost of packages they provide is usually far lesser than the money spent on maintaining an in-house team.
- You get to have round the clock and emergency support services. This means your technological glitches will be solved even at 3 in the morning.
- You can get expert IT advice on upgrading your systems without spending a lot of money.
- Conducting IT audits will become easier as experts would be on hand to do it anytime you want to get it done.
- Awesome customer support would be rendered by the outsourcing company as they will want to retain you.
- You can get access to customized packages in which you pay for only the services you need rather than paying for services you might never need.
Why Outsourced IT Support in Costa Mesa is better than off-shore IT Support?
You should trust Outsourced IT Support in Costa Mesa instead of trusting an outsourcing partner who has resources based in a third world country because of the following reasons:
- There can be language and cultural differences between your staff and resources situated in other countries.
- You can’t expect an expert to visit your site in times of emergency.
- In many cases, the so-called experts in the third world countries would give you scripted answers instead of actually solving your problem.
- You may not be able to get 24 by 7 support due to the time difference.
All in all, it can be said that Outsourced IT Support in Costa Mesa is way better than in-house teams and outsourcing to a third world country as you get the support you deserve without emptying your pockets. The quality and expertise level will also be beyond your expectations if you hire experts who have got real exposure to IT issues and a quick thinking mind that devises solutions in a perfect manner.
If you have decided to hire the services of a company providing IT Support in Costa Mesa, you must realize that you are making an investment that would pay off nicely if you just put some effort into it. No matter how good the outsourcing provider is, it’s your responsibility to guide them and keep an eye on them to ensure that you are getting the support you deserve and paid for. Here is a list of a few tactics that will help you to ensure that IT Support in Costa Mesa is working bets for you.
- Communicate Your Goals: The first thing you need to do after hiring an outsourcing partner is to communicate what you expect from them. If you want monthly upgrades or quarterly IT audits, you need to communicate that rather than expecting the service provider to read your mind.
- Create a Strategic Plan: It is also advised that you have a meeting with the key people of the service provider and create a strategic plan on when and how the IT services would be delivered to you. By taking this step you are doing yourself a favor as you will just need to ensure that the plan is followed.
- Read the Reports: A good provider of IT Support in Costa Mesa would ensure that you are sent regular reports of the work that was done for you and how successful it was. You should make the time to see whether the reports are genuine or not. You should also ensure that there is an improvement in the results like the time taken to resolve the same IT glitch is reduced over time.
- Talk About Finances: When you are spending money to recruit a service provider, you should always expect a good return. See where your money is going and stop the wastage. For instance: If an old server is taking up the time of the IT support providers, maybe you need to buy a new server. It is also wise to keep an eye on invoices to detect any and all hidden costs.
- Keep Communication Open: You should also remember to keep the communication lines open at all times so that if crucial decisions need to be made by IT Support in Costa Mesa, the service provider can consult you on that. For instance, if a printer needs to be replaced that would cost you extra money, you should be reachable to take a decision on whether you can afford the cost or not.
- Involve Key People: Finally, you should remember to involve the finances and the top managerial employees on what you are paying for IT Support in Costa Mesa and what services you are getting. They might help you to make the most out of the investment by highlighting areas you are not focusing on.
- For example: If the service provider is offering free training for your staff and you are not availing it yet, your managers would point out that availing it is a good idea.